Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dingo Bones




Hi guys! It was a good weekend although I was a little under the weather. We had a lot of people out at work this week. 4 guys took at least one day off because they were sick and then a few still came in. I have decided that our office is a Petri Dish. We have 15 full time people in a 1556 sq. foot space. Whew, we grew so fast from the original 5 that started last June! So, it can be a bit of  a germy space. One person goes down the whole team ends up with the same ailment!

Before I crashed and burned, Cameron and I were able to hang out with our best buds Chad and Tina  Pritchard. We are so lucky to have friends like them, they are so easy to talk to and there is no pressure around them. I could have no makeup on, my hair stuck up in the air and morning breath and I would only be slightly embarrassed! Chad is a 7th grade teacher for a private school in Atlanta that is primarily African American students. It is so beautiful to see the love he has for his students. I really wished that I had more teachers like him growing up. He and Tina really invest into their lives.

Cameron and I will be leaving this Friday-Monday to help chaperon a trip to Panama City Beach for his students. There will be about 15 of us going and I am looking forward to meeting his kids. It will be so rewarding for us to meet them and really get to know all about their lives. I remember how awkward 7th grade was for me and I hope that we can make them feel comfortable and speak into their lives. Pray for us!

I had to post another picture of KC, she is the cutest little puppy. She is so smart! She knows how to sit, lie down, shake and give a high five! When we do these tricks with her we give her "Dingo" bones, she LOVES them! She will eat half of the bone and walk around to find a place to hide it. I joke that we will find little bones all over the apartment when we move next month!

2 comments:

chad said...

i know how to shake and i never get a dingo bone....

Anonymous said...

So Mel and Tina, you are my new background...love the pics. Hope ya'll have a blast this weekend!!!Wish I could keep KC while you're gone...she would be in dingo bone heaven.