Thursday, October 9, 2008

Its Positive!













Oh my goodness, it has been a long time. To those of you who have faithfully looked at our blog for months on end, wondering if we were ever going to post again, we are back! Sorry for the hiatus, there is no reason other than I am not good at keeping up with journals! I warned you!

Big news! We are pregnant! It was a big surprise. We were planning on trying in January next year after our big ski trip. So when I thought that I could possibly be pregnant, I was so nervous. It started around Labor Day (oh how funny), when I was at my moms house. I knew that there was one night in question with Cameron and I, since we did not follow the rules of natural family planning. So, when I went to my moms house, I thought it could be a possibility. I opened her freezer to get some coffee out and a strange smell came out and I gagged. Hmmmm...could that be a symptom of pregnancy or was it really that bad of a smell? I took a test as soon as I got home from the long weekend and it was (-) negative. 

The week progressed and I began to notice some strange cramping, and it was unlike any other cramps that I had had before. At one point, I stood up from the couch, and had a shooting pain in my abdomen. I had that thought, "Maybe I AM pregnant", but I had a negative test. 

The day I decided to retest, I was at work and had a shooting pain in my breast (sorry guys if you are reading this). It was like my boob was going to jump off of my chest and shrivel up into nothingness. I had to find out! So I went home, waited until Cameron ran out to pick up a wheel for his bike and took a test...as the picture shows, I was PREGNANT! I was freaking out...I took the test and put it into the dresser drawer and opened the drawer 13 times to look at the test to see if it had changed. Did the (+) sign me "Yes, I am pregnant" or "Yes, I am not pregnant"?

I did the only thing I knew what to do, I told Tina as soon as she got there. We laughed, cried, hugged, laughed, cried and screamed. And took another test. It was positive before I even had enough time to wipe...I am having a baby.

I had bought these little baby Converse shoes a few months ago because they were so cute. So Tina and wrapped them up and I gave them to Cameron as soon as he got home. He was so SHOCKED...he thought that they were pedals for his bike. 

Now we are 2 months pregnant, as you can tell by first picture. And I guess I have a bigger reason than myself to blog for! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, I think it really WAS a smell, Mel. I cleaned out the fridge after you left! I'm going to be another grandmother!!!! I liked the way you and Cameron broke the news to us. You got out of the car, I said hey, and you said WE'RE PREGNANT! We were all confused for a few minutes. I thought you meant KC for a while, then was thinking...isn't she fixed? I love your little bump!