Saturday, October 31, 2009

Genetics

I pray that my son does not share my teeth genes, I have always had problems with my teeth since I was a little girl. I have spent countless dollars, many days in pain and have even had 5 teeth pulled (with no gas, wide awake)! Luckily my husband has fantastic teeth, not one cavity, ever.

Don't get me wrong, I brush my teeth AT LEAST twice a day, usually three times a day. I floss regularly as well as use a mouth rinse. I also try not to drink bottle water so I can get the fluoride from the tap water. But for some reason, my teeth are of poor quality. My dentist told me that because my genetics (parents did not have the best teeth also) and because we grew up on well water (no fluoride in well water), those were the main causes of my tooth problems.

Last night while I was rocking Rhyan to sleep I got a shooting pain on the right side of my mouth (usually when I have had toothaches before they are concentrated in one location). But this seems to be my entire right side of my mouth, making me think that it must be an upper AND lower toothache. Needless to say there was not much sleep last night and I have been in pain all day. The worst part is that it is Saturday, Halloween and my dentist has not yet returned my phone call to the emergency line.

You know when people always ask "If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?". Well, for me it is my teeth. I would cry to be able not to have to worry about having another toothache ever again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the dentist...hope the meds make you feel better. Put Rhyan in the pneumatic tube and send him to me--I will watch him while you sleep. Momsie

saraiwithani said...

I, too, have crazy bad tooth issues (so much so that we've missed out on TWO cruises because our cruise fund savings had to be used for emergency root canals and crowns), so I feel your pain!! Feel better, my friend!