Friday, November 6, 2009

Freezer Cooking and Root Canal


I have done a bit of research on this method of cooking, called freezer cooking. I know you are thinking, "I did not know you could cook in a freezer!", hang on, I will explain.

I follow a few stay at home mom blogs and they all seem to be discussing this method of menu planning at the same time, which peaked my interest in this subject. Basically, you take a 8-10 hour day and prepare all of your meals for the next 30 days. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. *gasp* However, when you start to think about the time you spend each day preparing meals and multiple that by 30 days, wow, you can really save some time here. You are also able to buy in bulk, which can save you quite bit of money. One blog that I follow said that she only spends $130 dollars in groceries per month for her family of 4! My current budget for Cameron and I is $260 a month, if I could slash that in half we could be saving a lot more money each month.

I will keep you guys posted on what my first monthly menu will be. I will implement this for the month of December, so if you guys know of any good recipes let me know! I am really good in the dinner department but I always rack my brain for god breakfast foods that are also healthy for you too!

As far as the root canal, I got it preformed today! Whew...that is some major stuff. It is my second one, but my dentist is so lovely and very encouraging. At one point he came into the room, I was watching TV while sitting in the chair (high class stuff) and he chuckled to himself. I thought, "What is he laughing at?"...then he began to wipe drool off my cheek that was dripping into my hair. Novocaine....

If anyone is looking for a AMAZING dentist, call up Dr. Leeks at New Image Dentistry on Highland Ave. Tell him I sent you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a Suzie Homemaker now...starting to scare me! Not really, I think it's awesome...I think it will save a LOT of time--and when Rhyan's all fussy one night, just pull out something you've already cooked!