Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It pays being nice




I decided that I would go online to write several companies that I thought were great and tell them how much I appreciated their products. I went to their online websites and filled out a simple comment page along with my mailing information. I made sure to tell them that not only was I stay at home mom, but one on a budget! I was so surprised to hear back from ALL 4 of them!

1. Newman's Own- Awesome company with a great new organic line. They sent me 3 coupons totaling $20 in savings! I love the fact that Paul Newman has given so much of his profits to many different charities...it makes you feel not that you are only eating quality foods, but that you are helping someone out in the world!

2. Tide- You have to admit, Tide does the job! Really good at stain treatment and my clothes get MUCH cleaner with Tide. They sent me a $1.00 off coupon, which I can add to the $1.50 coupon I got from Good Housekeeping!

3. Purdue Chicken- This is by far my favorite chicken, I only buy this brand. No hormones or preservatives! I told them that I really appreciated their chicken and the quality of it! And they responded by sending me $1.00 off coupon!

4. Scott Tissue- Now I know that some people love to wipe their butts with pillows, and I have to admit that it does make for a more pleasurable bathroom experience. Scott Tissue has made adjustments to one of their tissues and it is so soft. Scott Tissue will last me FOREVER...and my husband loves to use tissue for everything! I can buy a 4-pack and it will last me all month! They were so kind to send me THREE 50 cent off coupons!

See, it does pay to be nice!

In Rhyan news, we are putting him in his crib for the first time tonight! My baby is growing up and I am sad that I won't be able to reach over into his bassinet at night. Now I will have to trudge down the hallway into his room. I am sure that it will be an interesting week for all of us, he loves being close to us, so I hope he will be able to adjust to this without much crying.

I have been placing him in his crib for his naps and some play times. He does a great job of sitting up at 5 months, fairly early for that feat! So I am posting a few pictures from his playtime in his crib. I will let you know how tonight goes. Say some prayers from my not-so-little boy and for my aching heart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie,
I am loving your bloggs, you sound so much like me! You mentioned tide in this blogg so I decided to tell you about my homemade laundry soap, it works great and it will save you a ton of money, $3 will make you 10 gallons of laundry soap and its awesome most of my friends and family have switched over! I got the idea from 17 kids and counting if your interested I will send you the recipe! Again I am enjoying your bloggs and really cant wait to get an update on your freezer cooking! Take Care, Becki Mathews Holley

Melanie Ford said...

Send it to me! That would be great, because every little bit helps, especially with the amount of laundry I am doing with this baby!

Thanks for commenting on my blogs, it is a lot of fun, and I enjoy writing them! Just glad to have people reading them!!!

Love ya girl!