Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cameron's 26th Birthday


We celebrated Cameron's 26th birthday this Saturday, March 8th. If you know me at all, you know that I love surprises. I thrills me to plan surprises for people, especially Cameron, and try my hardest to throw them off track. I will tell stories, make embellishments, and distract anyone from knowing the surprise (don't worry I don't do this outside of birthdays and major holidays). So, I totally made Cameron think that it was just me and him on his birthday, a little dinner, dessert and some cash for a new bike for him. I could see the disappointment all over his face when I told him our "plans", he (being a gentleman) did not say anything even though I knew what he was thinking. "MAN, its my birthday and we are only going out to dinner with EACH other....I know she is my wife, but dang..."

I thought I had it all planned, while he was taking his typical 20 minute bathroom break I decided to look up directions from the restaurant to Midtown Bowling Alley, which was his big birthday surprise. I had planned all along to have our friends meet us there and surprise him. One of his buddies, Greg, even drove over 3 hours (one way) to come! After I heard the toliet flush, I quickly began looking at my email instead of the bowling website. Right as Cameron plops down beside me on the couch I realized that I HAD LEFT THE BOWLING ALLEY NAME IN THE WEB BROWSER!!!!! As soon as I began to erase it, I looked over and realized, he read it. He knew...

Surprised ruined....

But don't worry folks. A smart girl like me is always prepared with 2-3 surprises. So, I totally blew his socks off when I gave him his present. All along he was expecting $50 dollars for a new bike for him. I really got him  his dream present. A massive screen printing kit, inks, and 14 American Apparel blank t-shirts. He cried.

I won.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did win when you married Cameron. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cameron. I hope you liked Brooke's and my rendition of HBTY. I love you. Momsy