Thursday, March 6, 2008

My husband is a gentleman



My husband is a gentleman. I don't know if many women know what it is like to be around a true gentleman. Gentleman in the sense that he is chivalrous, courteous and honorable, as best put by Webster's Dictionary. From the moment I met him he was always opening my car door. After the 5th date, I was think to myself , "Okay buddy, I get it, you like me. You can stop opening my door". But he never stopped, he still to this day makes sure that I am safe in the car before he even sits down. 

Grocery shopping, he hates it. Not just dislikes it but it drives him nuts to go with me to the store. I love food, I love to shop for food, I love to look at food, I love to walk down every aisle just to see the new products, ethnic selections and nice cuts of meats. However the reason he truly dislikes it is because I never make a list. I pretended to make a couple back when we first got married, but I would always forget them at home or add 50 more things to the list once we get in the story. Despite this, Cameron, in his gentleman ways, will still go to the store with me. Usually without arguing too much. And on our return home, when we are trying to lug the groceries up our 6 flights of stairs (yes, there is no elevator), he makes sure that I carry the bread, eggs, and paper towels. 

Our sweet dog KC, she is a loveable widdle puppy, only if she did not have to go to the bathroom all time. I used to take her outside half of the time, down 6 flights of stairs, out into the cold parking lot with miniature patch of grass, back up the 6 flights of stairs, 17 times a day. But somewhere in the midst of it all, Cameron has been taking her out most every time, without complaint. I tell myself that he does it because he doesn't like for me to be outside late a night, but in reality, he is being a gentleman. 

My husband, a true gentleman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to rub it in that he is so dang wonderful! LOL! We all know he is. You can tell how just by the way he looks at you! My husband is wonderful too. If it weren't for him, I would have to keep a job while in school. But he wants me to focus on school and do well. It's wonderful not having to stress over working too. Kids and school are hard enough!
Love, Melissa